Friday, October 24, 2008

Communion

I went to a group meeting of local atheists for my area. Very interesting. I enjoyed it very much.

The group was eclectic and everybody has something rich to share.

I might have made some new friends. We'll see.

I'm glad I went to the meeting. I was nervous -- but not any more.

So . . . am I atheist?

I don't think I went to find out, now that I've gone to the meeting.

Without a doubt, I've stopped being Christian. I'm still timid about saying it because I've got practically 30 years of indoctrination pressing down on me. That's hard to shake.

But . . . I have shaken most of it off; I just can't go back to the way things were.

I only believed in one God when I was Christian. So to stop being Christian can only mean one of two things:

1. I still believe in God -- but differently.

OR

2. I reject this God along with all the other gods which I have already rejected long ago.

Since I can't find it in my heart to practice another religion, it looks like I choose number two.

Boy, it was nice sitting and talking with people of the same mind set. And, it was cool to sit with people who were from all over the world with different experiences in different countries.

It was sweet, refreshing Communion.
blog comments powered by Disqus