Friday, April 3, 2009

Uruk

Only one person has asked so far.

But, I have a feeling people might wonder where my alias Uruk comes from.

Since I am in the closet, you might have guessed by now that Uruk is not really my first name.

Uruk is the name of an ancient city found in an ancient story.

I can't say why, but when I learned about this place the name stuck with me.

Not long after reading about the place, I wanted to participate in an online forum. I needed a user name.

I picked Uruk.

OK, that was too short for a user name; Oops. I should have known that!

So, I picked: uruknomad.

Now my name is Uruk Nomand. There you have it.

Nomad was just picked at random. I haven't a clue why I picked that other than to lengthen my user name. I'm the farthest thing from being a nomad, I can assure you.

Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

Anyhow-- if you want to know more about the ancient tale that takes place in the city of Uruk, check out the link below:

The Ruler of the city of Uruk
blog comments powered by Disqus