Friday, December 11, 2009

The Invitation

Sometimes I have to interact with my employer's customers. Usually, I like helping customers and find the interaction a pleasant experience in spite of the inconveniences which often come with hands-on customer service.

And just recently, I found myself in such a situation as describe above. During my interaction with a customer, the gentleman explained to me that his life has two primary purposes.

First: To invite people to Jesus.


Second: *wait for it* To offer people the opportunity to start their own online business.


As I assisted this gentleman, (who was quite pleasant to interact with) he asked me if I had invited Jesus into my heart.

With a wide grin, I answered, "Why yes, I have invited Jesus into my heart".

But to myself I thought, " . . . and I have also invited him to leave".

I wanted to simply say, "no". But this way just seemed easier.

Our interaction was way too close to quitting time to give him cause to start trying to indoctrinate me.
blog comments powered by Disqus