Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Have My Doubts About Mary

While participating in a group conversation, someone expressed to us how the virgin birth of Jesus never sounded quite right to her growing up.

During my religious days, I never gave the issue much thought. It was a miracle. That was that. The Holy Ghost planted the seed in Mary's womb. What's so hard to understand about that?

Then someone else brought up the point that teen-age pregnancies are highest among the most religious regions of the United States.

She then pointed out how odd it was for Fundamentalists to believe that abstinence only programs can work when Mary still got pregnant as a virgin.

Oops!

Then the originator of this topic quipped:

Well . . . I have my doubts about Mary.

Yup.

Me, too . . . me, too.
blog comments powered by Disqus