Jack and Rexella Van Impe predict that the next pope after Benedict XVI will became the leader and founder of the New World Order. Basically, that will either make the next pope a forerunner to the Antichrist or the Antichrist himself.
The-End.com claims that the End Times were set into motion back in 2008 and that by May 27, 2012 the "self-rule of man" will end. You need to get a copy of their book so you can be fully prepared. You see, terrorism will continue to grow until the United States collapses and WW III will commence. [Jesus enters stage right]
At least they provide their book for free. Maybe they are at least sincere.
But still . . . be skeptical.
- You need skepticism when a preacher tells you that depression is all in your head.
- You need skepticism when a preacher tells you that you can choose your sexual orientation through determination and prayer.
- You need skepticism when the bible tells you blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is unforgivable, yet that same bible cannot give you any comfort or assurance as to whether you're guiltless of this damnable sin.
- You need skepticism when someone tells you that Hitler could be in heaven had he only confessed Jesus. However, you will burn in hell for eternity if you fail to confess Jesus no matter how decent your life might have been.
- You need skepticism when you hear yourself "speaking with tongues" yet nobody can ever understand or translate what you're saying.
- Hell . . . you need skepticism even if someone does claim to understand what you say when you speak in tongues.
- You need skepticism when politicians speak. Regardless of party affiliation or super-star status.
Even when Obama speaks; Especially when Palin speaks.
- You need skepticism when scientists pontificate about the origins of life and of the Universe. As a matter of fact, many scientists would encourage that you do this.
- You also need skepticism when MagniWork claims that by using magnets, you can make a perpetual generator that can bring your electric bill down to $0, even though perpetual motion seems to defy the very laws of physics!
Excited anyway? You still want to purchase one of these generators? Well, MangiWork will only provide you with a DIY guide to build your own for the special discounted price of $49.00. They even encourage you to resell their technology if you get one of those generators up and working!
Say . . . why aren't they simply selling the generators rather than the DIY kits? They could be making a fortune building those things!
Now, are you skeptical?
By the way . . .
If you can write a simple letter like this one, you can make six figures.
Are you skeptical?
Does that guy in Nigeria really want to give me a cut from that million dollar trust that he just inherited by dubious means? Does he really need my bank account number to cash out that money?
Remember, you may be trading your hard earned money and good years of your life paying for someone's sports car and mansion. Worse, you may be buying some sort of snake oil that could actually endanger your life! Or, talked out of real help or denied a life time of happiness because you allowed someone else to forbid you to be your true self.
Skepticism does not mean that truth or trustworthy information can never be found. On the contrary, skepticism seeks out truth and trustworthy information. Skepticism is simply the act of sending a claim through a vetting process. Skepticism simply asks the claimant to provide some reasonable evidence before expecting you to take the bait.
Unthinking belief is exactly what charlatans and confidence men want out of you. After they gain that, the rest if pretty easy.
Are you still skeptical about the importance of skepticism now?